Here are some shots of my work-in-progress which I plan and hope will be the beginning of a new series of paintings. These past few weeks have been rough as I have endured some intense facial pain of which no one is really certain of the cause. A revisit to the dentist shows no infection and yet a salivary duct in my cheek remains slightly swollen. However I am, for now, pain free and have a return appointment with a specialist next month. So far so good. Okay enough of my personal life to bore you. I remain excited about the potential for this new series.
Before finishing the background I traced the drawing of the plant-life in case some of it got lost during the painting process. I used a 2B soft pencil for the trace. This means I don’t have to worry about losing the original drawing as I slap on some paint.
After The background was painted I placed the drawing back on the painting. The drawing has a chalk pastel ( in this case yellow) outline on the underside as you can see. Retracing over the drawing will, of course, leave a trace of the drawing onto the painting. (Just as a point of interest I am not using Americana paint for this project. I’m using Windsor and Newton Galeria fine art acrylics in tubes)
Okay Thanks for visiting and I hope to post the finished painting next time. Bye!